My focus is to help divorcing couples make informed decisions and to build options for a financial settlement in a respectful way. If one spouse is less financially knowledgeable, my goal is to help educate that spouse to become more confident in understanding what assets and debts they may have and what they can afford as they embark on their lives post-divorce. I provide services in various situations:
Work individually with one spouse to provide advice and suggestions for an equitable financial settlement as they go through the divorce process, whether in a mediated divorce or litigated divorce.
Work with both spouses to come to a mutual agreement on their financial settlement in a non-litigated case, either prior to mediation sessions or as a co-mediator with the primary mediator. May involve meeting separately or jointly with the divorcing parties and participation in mediation sessions if requested.
Part of the Collaborative team to help couples negotiate a mutually acceptable settlement without resorting to litigation. Meet separately or jointly with divorcing parties as needed, and participate in Collaborative sessions and professional team meetings.
· Document analysis and data entry
· Assessment of current financial situation: assets and liabilities, income and expenditures
· Cash flow and budgeting
· Projecting income and expenditures, including lifestyle analysis
· Meetings and/or teleconferences with the client
· Attorney consultations
· Participation in Mediation or Collaborative sessions as a neutral party
· Consultations with client's financial planner and/or other professionals
· Reviewing settlement terms and language prepared by client’s counsel